Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gluten Free Maple Kahlua Pecan Pie

Perfect Thanksgiving Pie. Everyone saves room for Pie and to me Thanksgiving dessert is all about the Pie, whether Pecan, Pumpkin, Apple, the list goes on and on. I am usually a traditionalist when it come to Pecan Pie, but this year I decided to lighten it up a bit and add a twist with the Kahlua. What a magical creation of flavors. I am Thankful for my family, my health, being Gluten Free and this pie. What are you Thankful for?

Ingredients:
  • 1 Gluten Free Pie Crust, (I used Whole Foods Bakehouse Brand)
  • 3/4 cup pecan halves
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 tablespoons Kahlua
  • 1 tablespoon GF vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten

Directions:

  • 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  • 3. Combine pecans and remaining ingredients in a bowl, stirring well to combine. Pour filling into prepared crust. Bake at 350° for 38 minutes or until center of pie is almost set (shield edges of pie crust with foil if crust gets too brown). Cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment